CONTEST | YOU CAN WIN A FREE NIGHT IN WINTHROP IF YOU CORRECTLY GUESS WHEN THE HIGHWAY WILL OPEN.
Each winter Washington State Route 20 (the North Cascades Highway) closes for the winter, due to heavy snow accumulation and avalanche danger. This highway, built in 1972, is considered one of the most scenic drives in the Pacific Northwest. Each spring, when Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) announces the clearing of the highway, there is much anticipation for the opening date of this beautiful byway.
On April 5th, WSDOT announced they were clearing SR 20, indicating that the pass usually opens four to six weeks after the crew begins their dangerous work.
Here’s how it works: First your guess a date when you think the highway will open, which enters you for the contest. When USDOT announces the highways opening, if you guessed correctly, you can spend a free night in Winthrop on the date the highway opens. The last date you can guess is April 26th. See rules and regulations below.
AbbyCreek Inn in Winthrop, WA is the generous sponsor of this contest.
Rules and Regulations:
- No purchase is required to enter the contest
- This contest is promoted by AbbyCreek Inn and the Winthrop Chamber of Commerce.
- Must be 25 or older to enter.
- Only available at participating hotels.
- Limited to availability.
- By entering this contest you are consenting to receive email promotions from Winthrop Washington.
- You may enter to win no later than April 26, 2021.
- The winners will receive one room worth up to $149 dollars. The room must be used on the date the highway opens. It is not transferrable, and cannot be used on any other date, although it can be combined for a multi-night stay (with the winning date being the free night).
- The odds of winning are one in 49 (49 dates to choose from).
- One entry per person.
- The free room is only available in the town of Winthrop on the date SR 20 opens in the spring of 2021. Anyone from any geographic area can enter.
- The winners will be notified on the date SWDOT announces that SR 20 opens.
- Winners must be presents on the night in Winthrop on the date the highways opens to utilize their prize.
- The winners names will not be published.
- For a list of winners, please contact the Winthrop Chamber of Commerce.
- Winners are responsible for applicable state or federal taxes.