Winter is no time to put away the bike….Fat Bike in Winthrop WA!
The thrill of cycling in the incredible scenery of the Methow Valley continues all through the winter on a fat bike. The Methow Valley leads the nation with dedicated, groomed trails.
Methow Trails allows fat biking on a variety of cross-country ski trails. Trails also exist at Pearrygin Lake State park and the adjacent Department of Wildlife land. It’s also allowed on 23 kilometers of trails at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl Nordic area. Bear Creek Golf Course offers eight beginner friendly kilometers of groomed trails that tie into the Pearrygin and Lloyd Ranch trails. More information can be found on the Methow Trails website.
Winter Conditions of Use
- Riders need to confirm trails are open for riding daily on the Methow Trails grooming report.
- Riders must display a trail pass when riding on groomed trails where passes are required. Fat Bike Day passes are $10, Fat Bike Season passes are $50. If you have a ski day or annual pass, you are good to go for all uses.
- Purpose-built fat bikes only! All bikes tires must be wider than 3.6 inches and have pressure less than 10 psi. No exceptions!
- Riders yield to all other users, stay out of the classic ski tracks, and give skate skiers a wide berth.
- Stay on your bike. Footprints damage the trail.