Winthrop's Winter Hockey Extravaganza
- November 15-17 - The Great Puckaroo Roundup, 12-team Adult Hockey Tournament
- November 22-24 - Seattle FOG Outdoor Invitational, 12-team Adult Hockey Tournament
- November 29 - December 1 - Thanksgiving + Name TBD, 4-team 16U Bantam A3 Rep Hockey Tournament
- December 6-8 - The Great Puckaroo Roundup, 12-team Adult Hockey Tournament
- December 13-15 - The Great Outdoors Classic, 12-team 14U Bantam C Hockey Tournament
- January 3-5 - TechRech Winter Classic, 4-team Adult Hockey Tournament
- January 10-12 - The Great Outdoors Classic, 12-team 10U Squirt C Hockey Tournament
- January 24-26 - The Great Puckaroo Roundup, 12-team Adult Hockey Tournament
- January 31 - February 2 - 4-team Adult Women's Hockey Tournament
- February 7-9 - The Great Outdoors Classic, 12-team 12U PeeWee C Hockey Tournament
- February 22 - Apple Puck, 4-team Collegiate Club Hockey Tournament
The Great Outdoors Classic:
Winthrop Rink offers one of the few outdoor, NHL-sized ice rinks in all of the West. During the 2019/20 winter season, Winthrop Rink will be hosting three house youth hockey tournaments for the fourth consecutive year. They will offer 12-team tournaments for ages 10U, 12U and 14U with teams traveling from all over Washingon, Idaho and British Columbia. Teams will compete at Winthrop Rink's outdoor, completely uncovered, refrigerated ice rink with spectacular views of the North Cascade Mountains in the background. Each youth hockey tournament weekend - December 13-15, January 10-12 and February 7-9 - will bring upwards of 600 people into Winthrop for three days.
Rented or "Other" Hockey Tournaments:
In addition to the three youth hockey tournaments that Winthrop Rink hosts each winter season, they also rent out the ice to outside groups for tournament play. During the 2019/20 season, Winthrop Rink will have 7 different groups ranging from youth to adult and 4-team to 12-team tournaments. Teams will travel from areas all over the Pacific Northwest to compete on Winthrop Rink's outdoor, completely uncovered, refrigerated ice surface.
On February 22, 2020, Winthrop Rink will be hosting the 4th Annual Apple Puck. The first two years of the event featured one game matchups between two collegiate club hockey teams in Washington (UW vs. WSU in 2017 and UW vs. EWU in 2018). The 3rd year turned the event into a weekend featuring four Washington college hockey teams - University of Washington, Washington State University, Eastern Washington University and Western Washington University. This year's event will be packed into one day with two preliminary games Saturday morning, a consolation game Saturday afternoon, and will culminate with a championship game on Saturday night. The games will include three 20-minute periods with ice cuts and fun promotions in between periods. Don't miss the opportunity to see some of the best amateur hockey players in the state compete under the bright lights and the stars at Winthrop Rink.