Winthrop's Winter Hockey Extravaganza
- November 16-18 - 4-team Adult 60 and over hockey tournament
- November 23-25 - 4-team youth hockey tournament
- November 30-December 2 - The Great Puckaroo Roundup, 12-team adult hockey tournament hosted by the Greater Seattle Hockey League
- December 7-9 - The Great Outdoors Classic, 12-team youth (Bantam, 14 and underaged) hockey tournament hosted by Winthrop Rink
- December 14-16 - 6-team youth hockey tournament
- January 4-6 - TechRec Winter Classic, 4-team adult hockey tournament made up of players that work at Microsoft
- January 11-13 - The Great Outdoors Classic, 12-team youth (Squirt, 10 and underaged) hockey tournament hosted by Winthrop Rink
- January 25-27 - The Great Puckaroo Roundup, 12-team adult hockey tournament hosted by the Greater Seattle Hockey League
- February 1-3 - 4-team Adult Women's hockey tournament
- February 8-10 - The Great Outdoors Classic, 12-team youth (PeeWee, 12 and underaged) hockey tournament hosted by Winthrop Rink
- February 22-23 - Apple Puck, collegiate hockey tournament hosted by Winthrop Rink featuring club hockey teams from University of Washington, Washington State University, Eastern Washington University and Western Washington University.
The Great Outdoors Classic:
Winthrop Rink offers one of the few outdoor, NHL-sized ice rinks in all of the West. During the 2018/19 winter season, Winthrop Rink will be hosting three house youth hockey tournaments for the third consecutive year. They will offer 12-team tournaments for ages 10U, 12U and 14U with teams traveling from all over Washingon, Idaho and British Columbia. Teams will compete at Winthrop Rink's outdoor, completely uncovered, refrigerated ice rink with spectacular views of the North Cascade Mountains in the background. Each youth hockey tournament weekend - December 7-9, January 11-13 and February 8-10 - will bring upwards of 600 people into Winthrop for three days.
Rented or "Other" Hockey Tournaments:
In addition to the three youth hockey tournaments that Winthrop Rink hosts each winter season, they also rent out the ice to outside groups for tournament play. During the 2018/19 season, Winthrop Rink will have 7 different groups ranging from youth to adult and 4-team to 12-team tournaments. Teams will travel from areas all over the Pacific Northwest to compete on Winthrop Rink's outdoor, completely uncovered, refrigerated ice surface.
On February 22-23, 2019, Winthrop Rink will be hosting the 3rd Annual Apple Puck. The first two years of the event featured one game matchups between two collegiate club hockey teams in Washington (UW vs. WSU in 2017 and UW vs. EWU in 2018). As the event continues to draw more and more interest, both from fans and teams, Winthrop Rink has decided to turn the event into a weekend tournament featuring four Washington college hockey teams - University of Washington, Washington State University, Eastern Washington University and Western Washington University. The event will consist of two games on Friday evening, two games on Saturday morning and will culminate with a championship game on Saturday night. The games will include three 20-minute periods with ice cuts and fun promotions in between periods. Don't miss the opportunity to see some of the best amateur hockey players in the state compete under the bright lights and the stars at Winthrop Rink.